Your blogging goal is to consistently deliver compelling and informative content that contains solutions to the problems of your readers. Now that people read your content, you need to give it a distinctive voice as well.
When it comes to blogging styles, there are many different approaches and each style comes with its own unique set of rules. One of the first rules of blogging (and it is a rule that applies to all styles) is that your content should always be fresh. Another critical element is the originality and work that goes into each of your blog posts.
When it comes to blogging, the most successful articles are the ones with fascinating topics and excellent writing. The blog should be interesting to the niche audience as well as to the audience around the world. If the writing quality is not good, people won’t waste their time reading more than the first few words. The online competition is so stiff that the last thing you want to do is turn people off because your communication skills are not up to par.
There are many different blogging styles that can be used, depending on what you want to achieve from others reading what you are putting out there.
- Brand blogging: A blog about your brand and products and/or services. This type of blog will offer an informative look at the brand and should include positive features that are a part of your offerings.
- Link blogging: This is a compilation of a group of links to other websites, blogs or other useful online content. You are offering it as a resource list that leads back to one of your blog postings.
- Video blogging: Video blogging is an extremely effective marketing tool. If you create a video and post it online in a blog posting, you will find that there will be a large number of people who are interested. Videos are very effective because they are aesthetically appealing and because they appeal to people who don’t have the time to sit down and read and who also prefer a visual medium by which to learn new information.
- Photo blogging: If you have the type of business where photographs effectively tell your story, this is a wonderful blogging approach. You may want to include a small amount of copy (in the form of captions). However, you may find those to be unnecessary, depending on what you are trying to express.
- List blogging: List blogging is a style that is used by many bloggers. If you do an online search on almost any subject, it is a guarantee that some of your results will include articles that discuss the “top…” number of something. People find that interesting and useful.
- Survey blogging: Readers love to answer questions that you put out there on subjects that are of interest to them. The reason that this is such an effective approach is that you are communicating with them that their opinions are valuable to you and your business.
- Event blogging: After you have attended an event, you can blog about your opinions and thoughts about the event. There are many different events about which you can blog, for example, conferences, seminars, and conferences. Other people, who were not able to attend the event, greatly appreciate your information. It makes them feel less like they have missed out.
- Insight blogging: Blog postings that share ideas, thoughts, and the discussion of trends in a particular niche are very interesting to readers. This type of blogging is more formal and perhaps less “fun” than other types. However, it is considered valuable and will generally carry the discussion quite far.
- Response blogging: This is blogging that is a direct response to a question or a challenge of some kind that another blogger has posted. Many times, the original source of the challenge was reaching out for help because he or she was in the middle of a crisis. Your response will be much appreciated and will often compel other people to jump in on the discussion.
- Meme blogging: In this type of blogging, you start a discussion by responding to a question and reaching out to other bloggers to respond to the same question on their blogs in whichever way they choose. This promotes interesting and exciting discussions that will continue (potentially indefinitely).
- Review blogging: Review blogging is a blog where you, as a subject matter expert, give your opinion on a new product and/or service. Other people love to give their opinions on new products and/or services also. Before you know it, you will have a long string of valuable comments.
- Guest blogging: This is a blog that you write with the specific objective of having it posted on someone else’s blog. This type of blog generally promotes a great deal of discussion and the writer and the person doing the posting both stand to benefit.
- Interview blogging: Interview blogging is very effective and very interesting. You can either publish an audio or video interview or you can publish the transcript from the interview.